What Does TWICS have to offer?
TWICS provides affordable and accessible training to enable people to overcome their barriers to learning and develop ‘community work’ skills with the opportunity to have their training accredited and gain qualifications. This allows people to not just to get engaged in their local community but to also get paid employment.
How does TWICS deliver its courses to people who need them?
TWICS has a team of committed staff, and a bank of freelance, expert trainers of the highest quality and are very experienced in their field.
TWICS has an active network and has established contacts with other groups and organisations in Southampton to facilitate learning and personal progression.
We have expertise in community arts and crafts, community development work and community development work training with an established national reputation.
What we do
At the heart of everything we do is our commitment to help people develop new skills and knowledge so they can make a positive contribution to their communities.
We achieve this by working in partnership with others in both the voluntary and statutory sectors.
What is TWICS core objective?
TWICS core objective is to provide high quality, tailor-made courses to meet the needs and interests of individuals, groups and local communities. It can deliver this training in a venue of your choice, making people feel comfortable with their surroundings.
Our principal aims are to:
- Deliver high-quality training that is enjoyable, involves everyone and starts from people’s own experiences.
- Offer accreditation for learning where appropriate.
- Improve the quality of community involvement through training.
- Provide information and advice on training and accreditation relevant to groups and individuals in their communities.
- Support community networks.
- Work with statutory and voluntary organisations which have an interest and involvement in training.